How do I activate my card?
Your card will work upon receipt. However, if you are experiencing problems, please call to the WITCard office or to Project Spot in the College Street Campus or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can my card be used by anyone else?
The WITCard is not transferable and at all times should be carried by you only.
What if my card is stolen or lost?
If your WITCard is lost or stolen, this fact should be reported immediately to the WITCard Office (051-302732 or email@example.com). You will be responsible for all charges to the card until the card is reported missing. Also, another option is suspendind your card online- once you realise your card is missing, log onto the Web Management System (https://icmserver.wit.ie/balance/balanceentry.jsp) and suspend your card immediately.
A fee will apply when attaining a replacement. You can also access your Web Card Management account on the internet at any time and suspend your account.
How can I care for my card?
Under normal conditions, your WITCard should last while you are a student here at Waterford Institute of Technology. To ensure the durability and validity of your WITCard:
- Keep it in a safe carrying case (such as a wallet or cardholder available at the WITCard Office)
- Keep away from magnets and computers to avoid magnetic damage
- Do not punch holes in your card
- Do not tamper with the information or picture printed on the card
- Keep the surface of the smart chip clean and free from any marks or scratches
- Do not bend the card
- Avoid exposing the card to excessive heat
- Do not wash the card or use it for any purpose it was not designed for
What type of discounts can I receive when using the WITCard?
To obtain the most up to date list of discounts, please call to the WITCard Office.
What if I have further questions, which are not answered here?
You can contact the WITCard office at your convenience with any questions or concerns you may have @ 051-302732 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© WITCard All Rights Reserved